This page explains the Mission of Toastmasters International, along with the Values and Vision of this international organisation.
Mission of Toastmasters International
Toastmasters International is the leading movement devoted to making effective oral communication a worldwide reality. Through its member Clubs, Toastmasters International helps men and women learn the arts of speaking, listening, and thinking – vital skills that promote self-actualization, enhance leadership potential, foster human understanding, and contribute to the betterment of mankind. It is basic to this mission that Toastmasters International continually expand its worldwide network of Clubs, thereby offering ever-greater numbers of people the opportunity to benefit from its programs.
The Values of Toastmasters International
Toastmasters International’s core values are integrity, dedication to excellence, service to the member, and respect for the individual. These are values worthy of a great organization, and we believe we should incorporate them as anchor points in every decision we make. Our core values provide us with a means of not only guiding but also evaluating our operations, our planning, and our vision for the future.
The Vision of Toastmasters International
Toastmasters International empowers people to achieve their full potential and realize their dreams. Through our member clubs, people throughout the world can improve their communication and leadership skills, and find the courage to change.
The Mission of the District
The Mission of the District is to enhance the performance and extend the network of Clubs, thereby offering greater numbers of people the opportunity to benefit from the Toastmasters educational program by:
- Focusing on the critical success factors as specified by the District educational and membership goals.
- Insuring that each Club effectively fulfills its responsibilities to its members.
- Providing effective training and leadership opportunities for Club and District officers.
The Mission of a Toastmasters Club
To provide a mutually supportive learning environment in which every member has the opportunity to develop communication and leadership skills, which in turn foster self-confidence and personal growth.
A Toastmaster’s Promise
Being a Toastmaster means more than simply making a commitment to self-development. Everyone who joins a Toastmasters Club is making a commitment to the Club, to its members, and to the organization as a whole.
As a member of Toastmasters International and your Club, you promise…
- To attend Club meetings regularly
- To prepare all of your speeches to the best of your ability, basing them on projects in the Communication and Leadership Program manual or the Advanced Communication and Leadership Program manuals
- To willingly prepare for and fulfill meeting assignments
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations
- To help the Club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn and grow
- To willingly serve your Club as an officer when called upon to do so
- To treat your fellow Club members and guests with respect and courtesy
- To bring guests to Club meetings so they can see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters educational and recognition programs
- To maintain honest and highly ethical standards during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities.
For more information go to Toastmasters International Mission and Values.